Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Who set the stars in their place?

I decided it would be a great pity were this blog to go to waste and rot and have hence decided to revive it. I guess I won't be having much time to do so in the future so I'll do a big update now.

Perhaps God would be a good place to start the year and the revival, and I do hope I don't just mean the blog here.

So God. Jesus. Beautiful Saviour. Beautiful stranger. It's sort of like a high profile person in school. You've heard the name, heard all about her, seen for yourself how pretty she is but just haven't gotten down to speaking to and knowing her. I've witnessed God in the lives of so many week in week out in church yet ever so often I find myself asking to be put in such positions and asking for God to grace me with a miracle or two every now and then. I wish God would talk to me. I'm so ashamed of a life in which so often the voice of a conscience simply isn't enough to change it. In fact not having a strong physical encounter with God might just be keeping me going. The hope that there is something out there strong enough to deliver the change in your life does sustain us more than we can usually imagine. I've often wondered what it would be like when the time comes and God speaks to me and tells me to get out of this ditch, and each time I've been so afraid of the possibility that it might not be enough to turn me away.

Say it for me, say it to me, and I'll leave this life behind me. Easier said than done's found it's meaning there.

Who set the stars in their place? Maybe the stars chose to be where they are. Maybe they've experienced the cruelty of freedom too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home