Monday, June 19, 2006

Sympathy

It's the easiest thing to give but sometimes the hardest thing to receive. I mean it's innate(at least for most of us) to feel sympathatic towards people whom we feel are in a pathetic state, see where the word comes from? However most of the time people don't realise that most people do not want sympathy. In fact it is one of the hardest let's say gifts, to receive. Partly because we recognise the innate reaction of the person and we usually wouldn't want to admit that we are on the deserving end of sympathy, ie in a pathetic state. So I've come to realise recently that sometimes people don't respond when everybody around them is trying to help them, because what they really need is perhaps a more practical response and this may sound exaggerated but saying things like 'that sucks man, wouldn't wanna be ya' would actually make them open up to you admist all the 'awww take care' and 'I'm trying to help you'

I had a lot more stuff to put here but I cannot remember the rest of it, hahahaha.

Okay let's try a lighter entry for once, erm yeah I watched quite a number of movies this holidays, she's the man, the omen, the da vinci code, coming to think about it that's like nearly 30 dollars down the drain. Yeah the monopoly of the big screens.

okay I'm still rather slow with studying, aiyah you know what they say chuan2 dao4 qiao2 tou2 zi4 ran2 zhi2 I miss speaking in chinese and I know I'm going to be really out of touch with it again once school reopens. oh and I'm supporting argentina for the world cup, at least they weren't disappointing this time and made it to second round.

2 Comments:

Blogger tab :) said...

bryan ang! hahah. oh yeah. reminds me too! i've sooo much this month?!! arghh. and i dont know whts chuan dao....etc... hahah! i'm not EM1 student. =X hahahah! hmm, i really think that if you'd write something about me, your entry would be endless! ;) HAHA. happy studying! my prelims are coming too! eeks! =X

11:03 PM  
Blogger carmen said...

heh bryan..i see much has been happening the past week..and looks like u are handling it well..but fill me in soon ok..so i cna pray along side..=) God's mighty proud of u i'm sure =) oh! and i've got a cool cd to lend u..its really nice..i found it in my house=)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home