Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Some snow would be nice

That's what I thought when it kept raining this holidays.

One of those days I took bus service 51 and slid down memory lane. How appropriate for it to pass jurong entertainment centre at the start. It was where we hung out. All over the floor it was our space. We needed no chairs or tables, just a space on the floor and a portion of a wall. I loved it. I guess we all did. The place's changed, fittingly so since the school moved out of west coast, our west coast. No more large spaces of floor, it's all shops and push carts now. We've all grown up haven't we my dear entertainment centre.

The old rv buliding's being renovated into commonwealth secondary school. It's a sad sight and a hard one to bear as well. I never thought I would feel like a part of that school while I was in it. The world outside didn't turn out to be a better place and I'm so sorry I wanted out all the time. The basketball courts, the principal's office, the classrooms, the hall, it all belonged to us as much as we belonged to it. The backgate which we climbed every other day. The street soccer court nearby which we proceeded to after scaling the gate. God knows how much I miss those days.

I wanted to write more, but I decided not to because no one else would understand. And for those who've been there, we all know what it was like and what RV stood for and will stand for in our lives. We all know it's beyond what words can describe. It sounds cliche but it's true and when we meet decades after we've graduated, we'll still remember west coast.

You don't know me you don't even care.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh actually i don't really miss RV THAT much. i just miss the super dedicated teachers and friends there. but then again, the outside world for me is great too so... i don't complain, cos apparently, this is life. we have to move on! anw, hope life is good for you in army. my bf is booking out 1 day later! hahah! after two gruesome weeks... boo!
-elsa

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIGHT THEN I'M NOT SHOUTING JUST BECAUSE I HAVE BIG BOLD TEXT AND I AIN'T NO ACCENTED PARITY PARTY PUNK ON "CAMINOACID.COM". LIVE BREATH TRUTH RIGHT INSTINTO CONTAGNIMNUNT DIPARIBUBBLE . LLANGUAGE MEAS OF ASMOTOS BCK POUNDING RIVER DANCE WITH CRIPE ARROTICANTIC BASS OF FLAMEOFEHSC IN ANALASE YOULD OWY COME AND SEE THE LIMITS OF FEMINATION LIVILIZATION MASSIVE HARDEIAL PUMAMOLISCAN JOYOF YOUR EYES, NOW RELEASE FEMOSITY MOTION...

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home