Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It just occured to me

I haven't updated in a while.

So a fuckload of stuff happened since my last update. We're out of A div. Have one last match tmr though, hope myself and the other subs can get as much time as possible. The other people have had all season to show the school and everyone they are accountable to what they can do with the ball and surely they have no regrets even crashing out just last week. I hope I get a chance even if it's just to answer to myself alone.

Soccer's over, I feel kinda old. It's A levels and NS and then university. It sucks to not be a kid anymore. And looking back on all that time that would never come back, I think I've wasted so much of it. From secondary school all the way to jc1. From here on it's such a predictable road all the way till we're old and withered. Everyone wants to live a more than avergae life. Casanova lived for the moment and he had one hell of a time. It's kind of a fantasy though, I think, to live for the moment and come out of life with no regrets.

So today there was this speaker who spoke about foreign affairs and had a Q&A session. So this guy asked about how we should not be too pragmatic and focused on benefits instead the government should make decisions with the rest of humanity in mind. It's an ideal really, an ideal which most governments would claim to be. The speaker surprised me really with a no bullshit assessment of things and said that the government thinks of the people first and foremost. As Mel Gibson said in The Patriot 'I am a father. I do not have the luxury of principles' Moral principles are really second priority when you are responsible for the survival and welfare of a whole host of people be it family or country.

I guess I'll be going for the church camp, I hope something good comes out of it.

Oh and my stand on the gospel of judas? So what if jesus really told judas to betray him? As the story goes, Judas did suffer the reputation of a traitor in silence and was exalted when he died. It's not the big a controversy to me. It shows here that obedience to God even when what is requested seems absurd is what God is asking of us, and this is in line with what the rest of the bible teaches. So this would be only as big a controversy as say if John's name was supposed to be johnny or something like that.

Growing up's tough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah beh chee bye u killed the cat right. you and your voodoo shit

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home