Tuesday, March 28, 2006

EOFF

somebody kill me please.

So due to my fucked up results and the teachers' lack of faith in miracles, I've decided to surrender the biggest mistake of my life. I'm dropping physics.

I'm really disappointed with my E for literature. Though it was one mark away from a D, even that wouldn't have been good enough since I was expecting a C. Ah to hell with results.

So it's times like this where your jaded mind brings you to all the less conventional career options, don't get me wrong not stardom but just alternative routes. Nat says he wants to be a sailor and sail around the whole world. I wonder what it would be like to be a writer. Doing the math I figured a 300 page novel would take around 8 months to complete assuming you write like 400 words a day. Then there's lasic surgery which gives you a shot at being a pilot. Migration to a country life has its appeals as well. Why live life along the tried and tested?

Pride kills, it really does. And more often among friends than against strangers, pride makes people stubborn and less admitting of their mistakes. If you screwed up you screwed up, you can't expect your friends to continue having absolute confidence in your decisions when the facts are laid out in black and white. Friends are not obliged to have 100% faith in each other's decisions, respect them yes but everyone is entitled to his own opinion on other people's behaviour. And then they call that judgement. Yeah there's only a fine line in there where you have to condemn the sin not the sinner.

If everyone shed a part of their pride we'd all be a lot happier. Plus it's rather pathetic to live to satisfy an insatiable ego.

To become all that you are not, surrender all that you are to Him. That was original I don't know how it struck me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got straight fs.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home