Saturday, January 21, 2006

On a saner note

I think i'm gonna have to start studying really hard from now on. Have to make good use of this chinese new year break, have to get a tutor quick, have to maintain 4 subs after term exams. A levels is by far the highest hurdle in one's academic life in Singapore at least, so it's really make or break and of course I want to make it. I've never fallen short in studies in my life and I don't want this to be a first.

As for soccer, I might not even get to play a single minute in A division even if i make the team judging by how things are going right now. But I mean every team has subs, reserves, people who just have their names on the list for the sake of making up the numbers, so even if I quit, somebody else would have to be that, and since I've been in soccer for what more than a year already I might as well see it through and be contented with wherever God puts me. That was why I decided to go for the match in the evening yesterday despite missing half of the service for that.

Right so this cynical view of people around me has served its purpose well. The disappointments are not that great since expectations are not high, or even existant now. touch and go? fine by me. Leeches? I'll live with it. After all, George bernard shaw once wrote, the power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who do not have it. Maybe the world isn't such a nice place to live in after all.

moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye.

I've always liked that verse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home