Sunday, January 08, 2006

pon de replay

heard that song play just now i am so sick of it. (It's this year's orientation mass dance song)

Weekend has been pretty good. I got a devotion book for 9.90 and two new CDs over the weekend. Oh the clearout sale at HMV is really worth checking out. yuck i sound like a girl now evaluating my weekend by amount of shopping done =S

Weekend was good because of church. I'm looking forward to next week already. Actually cell and service wasn't all that fun but I'm just glad I got to see those people again. And it wasn't as bad as I expected with ephraim in NS now. I made up for his absence by talking a lot to a lot of people so i was too occupied to be feeling empty.

If someone say wants to cover up for something without actually saying something false, ie telling a lie, he would sort of go around the issue and try to mislead people into thinking something. okay I'll have to do this with an example. Say I don't want to go for training and so I say something like "I have a family lunch". And then I just have a normal lunch with my family that was totally optional but only happened because I stayed home and skipped training. So I wasn't exactly lying, I was trying to lead my captain on to thinking that family lunch meant some big compulsary thing with an extended family or something like that. However I've come to think of such a move as a lie too. Because God sees the intent not the actual lie itself. That's why conversely, God does not think it's wrong if you lie in a game of bluff. Plus I mean God's not dumb and I'm feeling guilty about having covered up in such a way before thinking that I've kind of gotten around the rules. So the next time someone does it and says "I wasn't lying what" we should be reminded that it's the intent, not the lie itself.

Recently, a friend was talking about his new relationship and how he thinks it's gonna last because he likes her a lot and she probably likes him a lot too. At that point in time I thought it was okay, but coming to think about it, what if that's not enough? I think a relationship is just a part of a bigger life that you're living in all and i think couples have to be aware of what each other want as well. Meaning what they want in life and not what they want from and for each other. "All i want is you" is a bullshit statement. I mean think about it what kind of lousy life is that.

Wolfgang von gothe once said "If I accept you as what you are I will make you worse. However if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that."

I think it's a really good line to live life by. So it desn't really matter if one's a bitch before or even now I think what's important is you're clear on what that person wants for herself and can become. Don't try to be funny and ask what if the person has the potential to be an ass? This is obviously based on the assumption that everyone has room for improvement. I know when it comes down to people who are real bastards to me I'm gonna find it hard to do that, in fact I don't even think I can live up to it. But I'll try so no promises.

Think that's enough for one entry. This entry is very censored and I don't know how long I can keep that up.

oh and I've started doing quiet time and devotions, another addition to a long list of stuff I'm trying to accomplish right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home