Monday, February 20, 2006

out of touch

Yup with the chinese part of my world that sort of faded out of existance since I came to AC. I happened to catch a bit of the talent contest on channel u and realised that I've been so detached from chinese music. Not just that, I took much longer than before to read chinese characters. For some of the quicker-paced songs I couldn't even finish reading the line of lyrics before the next line flashed on. Argh. What a waste it's gonna be, chinese was really a first language for me back in rv together with english of course. I don't even know if I can claim to be effectively bilingual now. ta ma de.

I then decided to watch the mandrian news.

Anyway I sort of feel compelled to blog about fun o rama since it's a first for me and the only one I would be involved in. Though it wasn't exactly a life-changing experience I know I'll miss such stuff when I'm done and over with education and on to the working society. The fun fair was well, fun. Didn't have time to visit every booth but those that I saw were quite fun. It was fun but honestly staying there for the whole day became rather boring especially since most of the time we had to tend our own stalls. Anyway yeah it rained towards the end and I went to church slightly drenched.

Pastor Jen is really creating this reputation of addressing a lot of the right things a youth service should address. The previous one on speech was a real hammer blow and so was this one. I went to the alter for prayer. I'm really ashamed of a lot of stuff. Anyway the sermon was about the falseness of his world and how we should not have different faces. It's freaking hard really. Different groups of people in every part of your lives have different standards and it might not sound hard, but it is nearly impossible to keep to one single standard set by God. I went up to make a commitment although she said i I wasn't ready I should not. I know I will break my promise to God as I have time and time again, but I just hoped that making the commitment would make me at least think twice before I do someting wrong, or at least feel double the guilt after I know I've done something wrong. So I just hope He wouldn't set any expectations because i will disappoint FOR SURE.

It sort of occured to me that a lot of times we say things like "Now I just want to concentrate on my studies", I wonder if it's really because we want to do well or because we are afraid of or just do not want to be bothered with whatever else there is. I mean most of the time I say that or hear that is when the other stuff involve problems.

"Now for the sweet period between when a lie is told and when it is found out" -Homer Simpson after telling a lie

haha i felt in the mood for simpsons today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home