Saturday, December 17, 2005

end of mad camp

I'm both sad and relieved at the same time. Sad because just when I've gotten to know some people better the camp ends. Dang 3 days is way too short. But I'm really relieved to be getting out of the suffocating job of being in the camp committee. Final briefing is on this afternoon and I expect to get bombarded with negative remarks on my performance. I've mingled more with the campers than the committee during the times that I'm not in my emcee role. I'll have no problem taking it though, it's worth it since I made really good friends.

Much thanks really to carmen,stef, cheryl, jon lo, keith,jeremiah,marcus and hannah for participating and making it much more bearable for me.

Anyway on the previous topic of vulnerability, I've come to think of it as a gift to the people you really love around you. Love is giving one the ability to hurt you but trusting her not to. Really relevant. Although then I'm not too sure what's gonna make a bgr any more special than a relationship with your close friends besides sweet nothings and acts of physical intimacy.

I've really neglected a lot of my friends dring this camp, especially the virus peeps, missing the sunday soccer for the 5th week in a row. And i was always busy the times they wanted to go out during weekdays. It's over now though, time to take a break from mad church life. Oh then there's the homework factor. fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home