Sunday, October 30, 2005

Neutrality

Is it all that good to sit one the fence, not cross any lines and not take any sides? Sometimes the level of apathy really shocks me I mean it's so hard to not dislike anything at all. The plus point is that u get a lot of friends but I think that being neutral will not get you far in your friendships. Though not being neutral might get you enemies and problems and stuff like that but doesn't the old line of wisdom go quality not quantity? The tricky part about this is whether both quality and quantity can exist at the same time. It's baffling o.O

I spent today with virus peeps. Yeah I hope we can continue spening sundays like this I really love these guys and I hope we'l still remain connected even when we're all too old to play soccer. Went with peck lim and kenneth to have dessert at my old neighbourhood. Really miss that place but the dessert part really pissed me off. I've never seen such a huge difference from what is shown in the picture before. There is so much white tasteless ice in the real thing, it's like eating ice with a few pathetic pieces of lychee. The ice kachang looked three dimensional in the picture and more two dimensional in actual. So irritating.

I wonder if people can remain good friends even if they don't spend much time together. I have some friends like that and even though we talk once in a long while there is still that closeness present. i'm really grateful for this because all you have is 24 hours a day and due to circumstances like different schools and whatever, you just don't get to see some people often. it's a great feeling knowing that there's someone there for you when you are in need of a friend. not that you should only go to them when in need but yeah the ever-present support is really heart warming. A stark contrast to people whom we spend so much time with and end up knowing nothing about them and not being close at all. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, how true.

Pastor Ferdie Flores, a missionary in East Timor is getting executed by beating tmr. I think it's scary but I just hope his death won't be for nothing. I don't ever think I will have the courage to put my life on the line even for God, I mean how many of us can really do it? Many of us want to do it, it's glorious and romantic and all to die for what you believe in but how many of us ar actually brave enough to do it? I know I'm not and I admire this guy so much for his courage. God be with him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leon Jackson said...

Hey about the Pastor Flores story, I am trying to verify if its true, can you tell me where you heard it from?

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home