Sunday, October 23, 2005

left the front door open

so walk right in.

Friends should do that, and not wait to be asked in. Small acts of initiative show a lot of concern and i guess that means a lot in a friendship doesn't it. I like a friend who'll take the first step to get involved in my life and today I just realised how it was important that I be such a friend as well. Met up with the rv guys for soccer and realised how detached I've grown from them and i'm so mad at myself for having neglected this group of wonderful friends. It's the first time I've met up since exams ended. Always waiting for them to call me for soccer when I should be the one taking the initiative to ask if they're playing. alright my bad.

So I've been thinking and sulking about my results, especially while knowing there'll be moderation. I've gotten a bare pass so i'll promote but it doesn't really look like I'll be keeping my four subs so basically there's nothing in it for me and moderation is just gonna make my report card look a wee bit better. Yes I'm just sore that moderation is gonna be the difference for so many people but not for me.

Church was about BGR and love yesterday. So I've been flirting with the ideas of living life in the temporal recently and so what's so good about marriage? Let's take the societ with the highest saturation of christians for example, America. 50% of marriages end in divorce there, so why aim for marriage? According to the speaker yesterday, all relationships not aimed at marriage would end up in break-ups. Why not? I mean at least we know where we're headed. it's not like it's any difficulty to find someone else who doesn't go into a relationship for marriage as well these days. I'm not talking temporal pleasures condemned by the bible like sex I mean what's in it is company, emotional intimacy and all that. As long as both parties are prepared I think it's ok, it's like eating chocolate and knowing you'll get fat. Doesn't go against the bible too.

I want to enter into a 360 degrees change, but all you end up doing is turning around and realising that you're still the same person you used to be. I guess it's more about making others like that person than changing him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home