Monday, March 13, 2006

Get Real

I think this is like the first time I've ever watched a full programme on channel news asia, they do have a lot of good programmes but it always happens to be screening some boring political news whenever I turn to the channel. Anyway back to the topic. So Get Real was discussing the teenage curfew and omg the parents interviewed had this awfully sickening I-am-right and matter-of-fact tone. It's really revolting having parents speak in such a condescending manner in a if-you-don't-listen-to-me-you'll-screw-up-real-bad way. And then they'll be the absolutely forgiving parents when the prodigal son returns. Sheesh give me a break, you people have such romantic fantasies one day you'll be sitting there all old and wrinkled when you finally realise it's not going to happen and you've spent more time trying to be an ideal parent in your own self-adoring eyes and the eyes of society that you've missed out on a proper relationship with your children.

On a side note, so this celebrity blogger infamous for her stand on promiscious sexual activities appeared on the show and I was really shocked by what she looked like in person. With the level of confidence reflected by her entries i had thought she would turn out to be a real sex bomb, but no it was nowhere near. Oh well but that's none of my business.

Right creative is having a sale I'm kinda into the neon light zen player. It looked pretty good in the picture.

So I have to mug my holidays away. Damnit. I hope i do come outof this with some decent grades. The literature paper on friday was alright but I really have to pass the rest. The j3s are kinda freaking me out nowadays too. The criteria for courses in local universities have really sky rocketed. I'm counting on a great deal of cambridge mercy this year.

I hate listening to divorced women go all sore about their ex-husbands and how they are all rotten and behave in the same predictible cheating way. If I were them I would be embarrassed more than anything else to even comment on the topic. If they are all so predictible and such assholes you must have been a bloody dumb fuck to have fallen head over heels in love in the first place. Furthermore complaining isn't going to help you get over it any faster. I'm alright with them cautioning other married women but there is a very very clear line between caution are useless bitter whining and wallowing in self pity. And when confronted about this they would become all over-bearing with the "yes all women are stupid". Really such people are insults to mankind, no pun intended.

Church weekend was rather fun, probably because this week's a holiday. Anyway so I met up with ephraim and I realised our friendship has changed a lot. Distance really does do something to people. We were close before and now it's constantly in a okay-we-haven't met-up-in-a-while-so-what's-new kind of stage. It's catching up everytime we meet so we aren't really getting any more involved in each other's lives. Dependence has also decreased by heaps but I guess I'm rather used to it now. Plus I've gotten to know other people in cell better like hannah.

Time to hit the books. how exciting~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home